Monday, June 4, 2012

Wikis & Wikipedia


I have made a Wiki on Wikispaces, which I will use for an assignment in a campus course.  I have expanded on my original myth lesson plan.  Instead of designating several groups to create their own myth, I think I would like to try asking one group to create an oral myth.  After that is created, I'd like to work off that single oral myth to have other groups create other aspects of that myth that naturally develop within religions.  From that oral myth, a group will develop rituals and religious practices based on the myth, which will be named, "The Developers".  Then after the rituals are set and practiced, another group, called "The Writers", will compose a written version of the myth.   Lastly, a group, called "The Painters" will create a visual interpretation of the myth, either in the form of a painting, skit, short film, etc.  Feel free to check out the wiki I have created for student use during this processs.

Below is the Wikipedia page regarding Henry Ford Community College, where I work...very hard...especially in providing high quality online learning experiences for students at our College. What shocked me, is that there is no explanation about our wonderful distance education classes and programs offered on this entire page. So, I felt the need to add some. I have to say that it was difficult to stick to "encyclopedia" type writing as I wanted to add all kinds of opinions about our classes and programs. I stuck to the basics suggested in the Wikipedia tutorial, but am glad there is at least a reference to it now.




Below is my entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment